Downtown, the best bit of Manhattan. One of, if not the, LARGEST space on Airbnb in NYC. Your Own PRIVATE Bathroom & PRIVATE Bedroom, a Terrace off the bedroom, near to subways/buses, restaurants, bars, real luxury right in the middle of things. Just read our 500+ 5-STAR REVIEWS and you will see why we are SUPER-HOSTS and why you will just love this place, like other guests, I promise.
Si, hablo bien espanol, Français parlé assez bien.
Downtown Manhattan, .. just like you see it in the films. Only so much better in real life !!
All the details are below so that will see all that you will experience on your trip to the Big Apple - there are lots of things you will love when you stay here, but PLEASE PLEASE (did I say please?) try to read all the way to the end of the description, including sleeping arrangements, information on the area, getting around and the frequently asked questions. I know it is a bit of a novel, but it is well worth it and, from experience, it makes sure you understand everything in detail and ensures you will have the best stay that you can. Anything at all that you are not sure about, if you are new to Airbnb for example, just ask and I will get back asap and clarify.
• Very spacious loft apartment ( about 2000 sq feet, 188 sq m, at last measure - so very BIG for New York) in the center of arguably the coolest area of the city (please do not argue ), modern, minimalist furniture , very open, very clean, I take great pride in having a spotless living environment (that goes for the host too). A Massive space that gets flooded with light via a wall of windows. Just take a look at the pictures. High security. Walking distance to subways & museums. Friendly building and very safe neighborhood.
• Your own PRIVATE bathroom - Large, spacious, with Jacuzzi Bath, Shower, Hairdryer, Kohler fixtures. Fresh towels etc. Fully-stocked. All the shampoo and things you will ever need. Just for you.
• Your own PRIVATE bedroom - Queen Bed for 2, firm and soft pillows for every type of sleeper, linens, towels, Large Flat Screen TV, Netflix, Amazon TV etc, Wardrobe. Again only for you.
• Large kitchen - Open concept with an area to eat and with everything you need to design a gourmet feast, top of the line GE appliances, Microwave, Toaster, Kettle , Dishwasher, stainless steel counter top etc. Make any food you want - if it is really good, give me some. Make coffee there in the morning - always available -- you have your very own little coffee bar.
• Very large living area, Real Fireplace, WiFi, Surround sound HDTV with HDMI hook-up and Roku TV, Bose sound system with iPhone/iPod hook-up, the best choice in music (in my opinion, most not consulted). Sit.... Enjoy
• Large dining area - seats lots, great views over the city and over the Williamsburg Bridge. Eat foods mentioned above (probably while seated, although one can never be sure).
• Natural brick walls (as opposed to unnatural I suppose) and a lovely Merbeau wooden floor, both of which look good (but don't say much).
• Floor to ceiling windows throughout - bathed in sun (when the sun is out, mainly, of course)
• Outside secluded seating area and balcony - you access directly from your room - very secluded (sometimes I cannot find it)
• Full air conditioning / heating in the room and in rest of loft - be hot, be cool (most likely one at a time)
• Bosch Washer and Dryer - for you to use - we like to reserve that for guests who stay for 3 nights or longer - being kind to the world too, we try to use cold water as well where possible.
• Keyed Private elevator entrance directly into Loft - of course you have your own key (or stairs if u have the energy - does not seem so popular, strangely)
• Printer / Scanner available. Pens and paper too, if you are a traditionalist.(although we draw the line at camel hair brushes, I'm sure you understand). And there is a universal power adapter for you to use to charge your gadgets too.
• The building is a very smart development, a recently renovated 7-story apartment block with original brick facade, great views of the city skyline. Quiet, lovely, village feel, with parks and pedestrian areas just outside, but close enough to get anywhere very easily. I think I am allowed to say it is authentic.
• This is a very large and comfortable space that you will be free to enjoy as you wish (this is your vacation after all). You will have lots of privacy and as well as the city, you have Books, Music (great as mentioned above), Roku TV with lots of channels and an online DVR and more .... or just relax and chat. Up to you. We provide the following publications too
New York Times
New York Magazine
so you can feel a bit like a New Yorker
• Located in the heart of Downtown - food (some of the best in the city), drink, fun, shopping all very, very close. A very cool residential neighborhood just a short trip to all the action. Perfect location for exploring both sides of the river too, as very close to Brooklyn and Williamsburg. One of the most historic neighborhoods in the U.S. (perhaps the most). We are only a few minutes away from the walkway along the East River, it has a great view of the Brooklyn bridge and Manhattan Bridge. Nearly opposite the Tenement Museum (which is really great). TV, Film and general interest media all the time (become a star - or an extra anyway) ,music clubs and comedy left right and center and Alphabet City, Ludlow Street , East Village, Chinatown and Soho all in spitting distance - and I can not spit far. Direct Access to cabs just outside building.
• Food shopping wise, it is 3 blocks from a Whole Foods, the largest Trader Joe's on the east coast and few blocks from the new Essex Street Market. Great food shopping if you want.
I hope everything is covered - email if you need more information. I hope to see you soon and I hope I can be part of your visit to this unique place.
Best neighborhood in Manhattan for independent coffee shops, cozy wine bars, up-and-coming restaurants (the area has 4 out of the top 10 best places to eat in this years NY magazine list) , intimate music venues, and interesting owner-operated shops. Like no other area in the city. A very peaceful cool neighborhood, yet just a short trip to all the action.
Check out the "Guidebook" with my listing -- I send a much longer one that I have written directly to guests that do decide to stay before they get here - and they love it, mention it often in their reviews and keep asking for extra copies!!
Igumbi lakho lokulala
New York, New York, United States